Lose weight and keep it off by following these 10 simple but crucial diet rules
1. Do limit added fats to no more than 4tsp per day: These include cooking oils, dressings, marinades and spreads.
2. Do watch your portions: Eat until you’re satisfied, not stuffed!
3. Do choose low-glycaemic carbohydrates: Choose oats, sweet potatoes, pulses and grainy bread to give you the energy to exercise.
4. Do drink at least 2 litres of water a day: And add an additional litre for every hour of exercise you do (250ml per 15 minutes).
5. Do have a non-alcoholic drink with food: Stick to water, fruit tea, plus 250ml of skimmed or semi-skimmed milk in tea and coffee.
6. Don’t add sugar or salt to your food: They will make you retain both water and those excess pounds.
7. Don’t give up if you’ve had a bad day: Stay focused - always remember your end goal for motivation.
8. Don’t skip a snack or meal: You’ll only reach for something sugary or fatty later.
9. Don’t scrimp on veg: Eating more vegetables will keep you fuller for longer.
10. Don’t eat more than two pieces of fruit a day: They are simple sugars.
Looking for an eating plan? Get healthy eating and weight loss ideas here.
Posted: 29/09/2012 at 16:06
Posted: 03/10/2012 at 07:13
Posted: 13/11/2012 at 20:50
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Other Hearst Magazines UK sites