Seven ways to make sure you go the distance, all 26.2 miles of it
It's a long way, but you can do it. These pointers from PT Neilon Pitamber, on behalf of sportsshoes.com, will help get you across the finishing line.
1. Break down the run into surmountable chunks and keep visualising these as you go.
2. Connect with the spectators - strategically place your friends and family along the way.
3. Wear your name or your charity logo on your vest and people will cheer you along. Hearing your name or cause shouted out will give you a welcome boost.
4. Connect with other runners, if you can’t hold a conversation, you’re running too fast.
5. Keep your head up: take in the scenery, look at the horizon.
6. Have a secret race with someone at your pace
7. Think of the huge amounts of money being raised for charity and be inspired by the effort and dedication demonstrated by every other person who is running with you.
Marathon day advice
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Other Hearst Magazines UK sites