Harness the power of oats to kickstart your morning with these porridge ideas from Rude Health
135g porridge oats
75g pecans, roughly chopped
2 bananas, sliced
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
3 tbsp muscovado sugar
200ml coconut milk
150ml condensed milk
2 tbsp rum (optional!)
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
2. Put the oats, nuts and sliced bananas in an oven-proof dish.
3. Sprinkle over the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and half of the sugar.
4. In a jug, mix the milk, coconut milk, condensed milk and rum (optional) .
5. Pour over the oats and bananas.
6. Bake for 45mins.
7. Then sprinkle over the remaining sugar and bake for a further 15mins.
8. Serve with dash of cold milk.
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Other Hearst Magazines UK sites