Five reasons to make spinach a part of your healthy diet
1. PROTECTS AGAINST CANCER – Spinach contains a strong antioxidant called kaempferol, which helps prevent the formation of cancerous cells in the body.
2. BRAIN FOOD – These leafy greens will help slow the effects of ageing on the brain due to its folic acid conten, a B vitamin which also assists the body in maintaining a healthy heart.
3. NUTRIENT-DENSE – Low in calories and high in vitamins, just one cup of spinach contains more vitamin K and vitamin A than your daily requirement and nearly 40% of your magnesium requirement.
4. LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE – Just a single portion of spinach will help lower high blood pressure within hours due to the mineral magnesium, which helps prevent cardiovascular disease.
5. ALLEVIATES FATIGUE – Spinach holds high levels of iron, which carries blood and oxygen throughout the body and is responsible for lessening fatigue and giving you that added energy boost.
Seven superfood vegetables to add to your shopping basket
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Other Hearst Magazines UK sites