Do this fat-burning circuit, designed by Davina's personal trainers Jackie and Mark Wren, 4 times a week to transform your body
1. Warm up with a few minutes jogging on the spot to loosen up your muscles.
2. 1 minute of knee lifts.
3. 20 x squats: stand with your feet hip-distance apart. Squat down, keeping your back straight and your knees above your toes. Straighten your legs to return to a standing position. This is one rep (pictured right).
4. 1 minute of star jumps.
5. 20 x Lunges: stand with your feet hip-width apart, arms outstretched in front of you, hands together. Take a big step forwards with your left foot and lower into a deep lunge position. Push back up into the start position, then lower back into the lunge and repeat ten times before swapping to your right leg (pictured right).
6. 1 minute of jogging (with your arms pumping up and down from your shoulders).
7. 20 x bicep curls: hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your arms at your sides, palms facing your thighs and pulled in tight to your body. Breathe out and bend your arms fully at the elbow so you lift the dumbbells up towards your shoulders, with hands facing in towards your chest at the top of the movement. Breathe in and return to the start position, with your arms at your sides (pictured right).
8. 1 minute of jumping twists.
9. 20 x side lunges: stand up with your feet hip-width apart, then take a step out to the side with your left foot. Lower into a lunge. Your left knee should be behind your toes, your back straight and your tummy lifted. Push through your left heel to rise and bring your foot back to the start position. Do 10 reps on each side (pictured right).
10. 1 minute of bottom kicks.
11. 20 x lateral arm raises: stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand so your palms face each other. Raise your arms out to the sides simultaneously, leading with your little fingers, until they’re at shoulder-height and parallel to the floor, then slowly lower your arms back towards your body. Each lift is one rep. Don’t take your arms any higher than your shoulders (pictured right).
12. 1 minute of star jumps
13. 20 x side twists: lie on your back with your arms at your sides, feet on the ground, knees slightly bent. Sit up and twist, so that your left elbow touches your right knee, keeping your feet still. Lower back until your head and elbows touch the mat, then repeat so your right elbow touches your left knee. Do 10 reps on each side.
14. 1 minute of jogging (with your arms above your head).
15. 10 x press-ups: start in the press-up position (with or without your knees on the floor) with your hands shoulder- width apart. Breathe in and bend your arms, lowering your chest down into the press-up in a controlled movement, keeping your body rigid and engaging your core. Breathe out, extending your arms to return to the start position.
16. 1 minutes of jumping squats.
17. 20 x tricep dips: start with your hands at either side of your bottom on the edge of a sturdy chair, table or bench. Looking directly forwards, breathe in as you bend your arms at the elbows and lower yourself off the edge. Breathe out and press up until your arms are straight. This is one rep.
18. Cool down for a few minutes. Stretch and shake out muscles.
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Other Hearst Magazines UK sites