Six ways to better results from your next facial treatment
Get more from your facial with these tips from the CEO of Aromatherapy Associates, Geraldine Howard:
1. Don't feel compelled to make conversation during your facial treatment. If your therapist is yapping about last night's Corrie, don't be embarrassed to tell her you'd rather have some quiet time.
2. It is normal to have a flushed complexion post-facial - it is a sign that your circulation has had a boost. Do ask when you book your treatment how your skin should look afterwards, so you know what to expect - and can prepare accordingly.
3. Don't let sensitive skin put you off - if you know you're sensitive to certain ingredients, tell your therapist in advance and opt for a specialist treatment.
4. If products are going to tingle or have a cooling/hot sensation, your therapist should warn you in advance. But if something feels uncomfortable while it's being applied, speak up.
5. Try to stay make-up free until the following morning to ensure your skin can breathe. If going au naturel is really not an option, stick to tinted moisturiser rather than a heavy foundation.
6. Pay attention to the massage movements your therapist uses, and try to incorporate them into your daily routine. Your skin will look fresher and look more radiant within just a few days.
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Other Hearst Magazines UK sites