Complement your workout with this healthy eating plan to slim down and look party perfect
Combine these basic LBD diet rules with an eating plan and circuit workout and you can lose a stone in four weeks. Get the full LBD drop a stone in a month plan here.
1. Fill up on healthy proteins such as lean chicken, lean turkey, seafood, eggs, nuts and seeds, and plenty of non-starchy veg. Add flavour with herbs and spices.
2. Drink 2.5l filtered or mineral water a day, to reduce toxins in your body.
3. Don’t eat any wheat-based foods, such as bread or pasta, for the next four weeks, and no starchy foods (rice, potatoes) for the first two weeks.
4. Limit fruit to two pieces a day (due to its high content of natural sugars).
5. Limit your alcohol intake to one or two glasses of wine a week.
6. Sip herbal and fruit teas to stay hydrated. Tea and coffee are fine if you can’t do without, but don’t add any sugar.
PLUS, aim for seven to nine hours of sleep a night, to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol in your body, which can make it more difficult to lose weight.
Check out this example of a daily LBD diet:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with green beans, asparagus and spinach.
Lunch: Prawn salad with lettuce, tomato, red onion, red pepper and avocado.
Dinner: Turkey fried in a little oil with broccoli, mushrooms, courgette and carrots.
Snacks: Handful of sunflower seeds with paprika and chilli flakes; an apple.
Try the ultimate LBD workout. Find out how our diet tester Jane Shackleton felt during her LBD challenge to get party dress confident in 4 weeks.
Posted: 26/11/2012 at 13:48
Like us on facebook
Follow us on twitter
Other Hearst Magazines UK sites